The information on this page was collected from public resources and does not constitute legal advice.

Are there any differences in traffic rules in this country compared to Ukrainian ones?

The traffic rules are largely the same. You must drive on the right side of the road. However, in cities the maximum speed is 50 km/h. On main roads the maximum speed is generally 80 km/h. On the highway the maximum speed can differ from 110 km/h or 130 km/h. However, this can always be read specifically on the road signs.

Is it possible to drive a car with a Ukrainian driver's license?

You can use your Ukrainian Driver License in up to 180 days if you have residence in Denmark. Thereafter you must exchange your driving license for a Danish driving license. If you only have a driver license for a normal car (Category B) you do not have to take a driving test to get your Danish driving license.

In order to get your Danish driving license, you must go to your local Citizen Center and bring: your foreign driver's license, a valid residence permit or residence permit, a Medical certificate from your general practitioner and a written statement on good faith that you have not been disqualified from driving in the past 5 years and that your driving license is not otherwise restricted or granted on special terms.

Is it necessary to register the car in the new country of residence?

Yes, it is an requirement. You can register your car in a motor expedition or with a number plate operator. You will find the addresses here mceclip0.png and here mceclip0.png. You must pay registration fee which can be paid quarterly. The registration fee can be quite high in Denmark compared to other European countries. Also, you must pay Vehicle weight tax or Green vehicle tax which depends on the age of the car.

Is it possible to drive a car that has Ukrainian registration, but is registered not to the driver, but to another person? What documents are needed for this?

Firstly, the car must be registered in Denmark as explained. There is no problem driving a car which is registered to another person than the driver. However, there may be concerns in relation to insurance.

Is it necessary to insure the car in the host country? Is Ukrainian insurance enough?

The car must be insured in Denmark.

What is a vignette? Do Ukrainian drivers need to buy it? How and where can they buy it?

A vignette is a form of road tax used in many European countries. However, it is not required in Denmark.

What are the parking rules?

Many places there are parking zones where parking cost money. How to pay differs from place to place. In the larger cities you must use an app to register your parking times such as ParkOne or EasyPark. In smaller cities there will often be signs stating how long time you can park where you can use a parking meter (either automatic or manual).

What is the parking disk?

A parking disk is a device used in some countries in free parking lots to record the time a car has been parked. It is especially common in the countries of Western Europe, in particular Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, Italy, and others.

The parking disc is used in specially created "blue" zones. These zones in city centers allow you to park a vehicle for free for two hours (unless otherwise specified by road signs) using a parking disc. In some cities, the use of a parking disc is mandatory, for example, in Copenhagen.

What are the most common fines? How and where can Ukrainians pay them?

It differs on whether you are parked in a municipal or private area. It can normally differ between 500-2000 DKK. You can pay according to the information on the parking fine.

What documents are required for registration of trailers/cargo (equipment, furniture, etc.)?

Trailers must be registered according to the same procedure for cars. As a main rule you do not need to declare what you bought within the EU.

Do Ukrainians need to declare what they bought in Europe?

There are no restrictions on what you can buy and take with you when travelling within the EU provided that the bought products are for you own use and not for resale. Taxes on are already included in the retail price of the product. To determine if the products purchased are intended for your own use, customs authorities may verify the products, e.g. the packages or the quantity. In order to prove that goods are for your own use, authorities may ask to see the receipt or other proof of purchase. If you cannot provide sufficient evidence, you might have to pay duties or the products can be confiscated.

If you carry 10,000 euros or more in cash, alcohol drinks, tobacco products, fuel or other goods including perfume, certain restrictions may apply regarding the quantity and value of the products. For more information please check this site mceclip0.png.