The information on this page was collected from public resources.

Where can I go to find emergency/short-term housing?

Accommodation for refugees in Lisbon is being provided by 3 different institutions, all volunteer run:

  • You can fill this form mceclip0.png and the volunteers from UAPT organization will help you to find temporary accommodation. It will be up to your host to provide you with food as well. There is also no fixed period of time you can stay with someone.
  • Call Camara Municipal de Lisboa: +351 800 910 111 (English/Portuguese) and explain your situation. The operator will send you the address of the place where they host newcomers and later, they will connect you with volunteers as well. You can also write an e-mail here:
  • You can also request your need for accommodation via Real Estate Consultants for Ukraine in Portugal mceclip0.png.

Other Emergency housing platforms:

  • mceclip0.png
  • mceclip0.png - connects those who need housing with those who can offer it (along with jobs and other necessities);
  • EU4UA mceclip0.png - connects Ukrainian refugees with residents of Europe who are ready to accept them.
Can I access public housing or housing provided by the state? How and where do I apply for public housing?

If you cannot afford a house in Portugal, you can ask for support from the High Commission for Migrations (ACM) via:

You can also have access to the special regime of the 'Porta de Entrada' program mceclip0.png, in which financial support is granted to support the costs of accommodation in tourist resorts or the rent of a house. The support lasts up to 18 months, and can be extended up to a maximum of 30 months. More information on the Portugal For Ukraine portal mceclip0.png.

How do I find long term housing?

You can look for long-term accommodation using these platforms:

The rent for a one-room apartment in a small town or in the central part of the country starts from โ‚ฌ350 per month, for a two-room apartment from โ‚ฌ700. In Lisbon, the price of an apartment starts at around โ‚ฌ1,200 per month - in areas located half an hour's walk from the tourist centers of Baixa, Chiado, etc.

EU4UA is a platform for finding housing in Europe together with other Ukrainians

A new roommate search function has been launched on the EU4UA platform.

Renting housing with other people will allow:

  • save money by sharing housing costs with other people;
  • have a greater choice of housing;
  • to find friends, expand the network of social contacts and feel supported in a new country.

Go to the platform via the link mceclip0.png.

If I am staying with friends and family in the long term, what documents do I need to fill out to make it official? How can I obtain proof of residency?

Your address will be printed on the digital certificate that proves that you applied for temporary protection. Also you can get certificate from the local authorities (Junta de Freguรชsia) attesting that you are living in that area (atestado de residencia).

We advise you to contact The Migrant Helpline (with Telephone Translation Service, in Ukrainian), on +351 218 106 191 (mobile and foreign network) or 808 257 257 (fixed-line network in Portugal), workdays, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 8pm, and Saturdays, from 9am to 5pm.