The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What childcare options are available for children who are not yet school-aged?

Generally, kindergartens are available for Ukrainian children, and they can be enrolled through a simplified procedure. The parents will only have to present the certificate of the beneficiary of the Placement Center, where they are accommodated, and then the refugee document for the complete procedure during four to five working days. When registering in a kindergarten, the following documents are required:

  • Application form;
  • Parentsโ€™ identity document;
  • Childrenโ€™s birth certificate and medical certificate (no PCR Test required).
How do I enroll my child(ren) into school?

The government offers several educational options for Ukrainian refugee children.
Ukrainians who have applied for asylum can have direct and full access to schools.
Otherwise, an alternative option is to attend the classes together with their Moldovan peers.
Beyond the schools, children will have access to extracurricular activities, psycho-pedagogical support and counseling or non-formal activities in Youth Centers.

For more information, please visit mceclip0.png and UNESCO mceclip0.png.

Also, please check this online hub for children in 7-11 grades for home studies and additional resources. It does not replace the official school curriculum.

How can I enroll my child in a Ukrainian school in first grade if we are abroad?

Documents for admission to the school can be submitted online on the website "Electronic registration in institutions of general secondary education" at the link mceclip0.png. To do this, you need to register on the site, choose an institution of general secondary education, create an application and confirm it with documents in the institution

Electronic registration is not available in Kyiv, but it is possible to submit an application online to the school's e-mail address (at the applicant's choice). Enrollment will be carried out on the basis of the application of one of the parents, submitted in person or scanned copies or photocopies. Documents must confirm the place of residence of the child, one of his parents (or people who replace them) in the territory of the institution. If parents do not have the opportunity to obtain a medical certificate for their child by May 31, this is not a reason to refuse enrollment. Original documents and medical certificates must be submitted to the educational institution no later than August 18, 2023 inclusive. More details at the link mceclip0.png.

What happens if my kid gets sick? mceclip0.png offers free consultation to families with children. You also have access to public hospitals and the public healthcare system. You may contact the ambulance at 112 in case of emergency.

Viata fara leucemie mceclip0.png offers help to Ukrainian children with cancer.

Please download a brochure with all the necessary information about the help you can get in Moldova here mceclip0.png.

Can I continue my university studies at another university? What documents do I need?

Ukrainian refugee students can continue their studies at universities in Moldova. The list of available higher education institutions and instructions can be accessed here mceclip0.png.
To attend local universities, Ukrainian students must apply in the โ€˜mobility educationโ€™ program and provide the necessary documentation. Refugees students who cannot prove their previous education through documents issued by a higher education institution in Ukraine will undergo testing to access universities in Moldova.
Please visit UNESCO for more information.

You can use the list of universities that help Ukrainian students and scientists on the English-language educational search platform Erudera mceclip0.png. The platform contains 70 offers from universities around the world, including the USA, Australia and Canada. In addition to the country and the name of the university, the table indicates the type of aid and a link mceclip0.png to the university's website.

Science For Ukraine mceclip0.png is a public group of volunteer researchers and students from academic institutions in Europe and around the world who help Ukrainians. You can apply for help through the website, and you can view the entire list of institutions that agree to cooperate with Ukrainian scientists by following the link mceclip0.png.

Useful Telegram channel "Nonformal O" mceclip0.png - scholarships, grants, courses, volunteer projects in all countries for Ukrainians.

Useful Telegram channel "Opportunities" mceclip0.png, where the latest volunteer, educational, career projects in Ukraine and various countries are published. Link to backup channel mceclip0.png.

What languages do I need to speak to be able to study?

Most of universities have classes in Russian. Also, a number of schools are Russian-speaking schools.

Where can I pass my related language exams (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS)?

Currently, there are no IELTS test centers in Moldova. For TOEFL test, you should check the EAC mceclip0.png website in order to register for the test. There are at least 3 test centers in Chisinau for TOEFL.