The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What documents do I need to work in this country?

If you have been given temporary protection, you can work in Slovakia without any further requirements (read more here mceclip0.png). You do not need a work permit, but you cannot run a business or be self-employed. If you want to conduct business, it is required to apply for temporary residence and obtain the required license for the business activity or establish a company.

The offer of vacancies in the Ukrainian language is available directly on the website of the employment service mceclip0.png.

Alternatively, you can also use the portal internet guide to the labor market mceclip0.png or this website mceclip0.png.

Where can I search for a job?

Job vacancies for Ukrainian-speaking candidates can be found on the following portals:

If you are in Bratislava, Slovaks can help you find a job at Bottova 7 in office No. 314 (2nd floor).

EU Talent Fund mceclip0.png is an online job search tool for people fleeing the war in Ukraine and looking for work in the EU. Persons under temporary protection can register on the website and upload their resumes. Such a profile will become available to more than 4,000 employers. The EU Talent Fund is implemented through the EURES job search portal, which contains more than 3 million vacancies.

Are there any services available to help me find a job?

IOM Migration Information Centre mceclip0.png helps the citizens of non-EU countries who are looking for a job, by providing information and guidance about the process, as well as supports with creating a CV or a cover letter. For more details please refer to their website mceclip0.png.

Useful video information mceclip0.png about labor rights and obligations under Slovak legislation.

The Government of Labor, Social Affairs and Family provides consulting services within the framework of the project "Pomรกhame odรญdencom - poradenstvo". The assistance is aimed at providing basic information about the Slovak labor market. More information here mceclip0.png.

Are there any diploma and professional equivalence programs? How and where do I apply?

If you need recognition of a diploma for the purpose of practicing a regulated profession (eg in health, social affairs, transport), contact the body responsible for that profession. The list of contacts, as well as requirements for specific professions and the procedure for recognizing diplomas - here mceclip0.png.

If you want to engage in a non-regulated profession, you are not required to recognize your education. Here mceclip0.png you can submit a request for recognition of your educational and professional qualification documents obtained outside of Slovakia.