The information on this page was collected from public resources.

Do I need passport/vaccination certificate/chip to enter the country with a pet?

The State Veterinary and Food Administration of the Slovak Republic has allowed the non-commercial movement of pets to the territory of the Slovak Republic without any documentation. See mceclip0.png more information and a form mceclip0.png to be filled in when crossing borders. E-mail if you need further assistance.

If your dog, cat or ferret meets the EU import requirements, the following must be documented:

  • Microchip.
  • Rabies vaccinated with a vaccine that meets the requirements of Annex III of Regulation 2013/576, when the animal was at least 12 weeks old.
  • At least 30 days after a complete rabies vaccination and at least 3 months before leaving Ukraine, it has undergone an antibody titration test which has been analyzed in an EU approved laboratory and showed a result of at least 0.5 IU / ml.
  • Duly filled in identification document in the form of a health certificate issued by an official veterinarian from Ukraine
How can I get vaccination for my pet on the go?

Try to contact local veterinaries for information on the vaccination You can look for "veterinรกr" in Google Search.

How can I get medication for my pet?

Try to contact local veterinaries for information on the medication. You can look for "veterinรกr" in Google Search.

How can I travel with my pet on a plane?

There are several airlines that allow flight with a pet onboard. It is up to each airplane to establish their regulations and additional tariffs will be generally perceived. Therefore we advise you to get in contact with the specific airline.

What's required to keep the pet in a given country?

There are no restrictions in such a regard. Once having entered with the pet and having accomplished the specific health criteria (vaccination) or if it had the required documentation, there are no more things to accomplish.

One person can enter the country with a maximum of 5 pets.