The information on this page was collected from public resources.

Is there cash assistance available? Who is eligible? How does someone apply?

If you receive temporary protection, you are entitled to financial assistance (ADA), the amount of which depends on the number of people in your family. You will receive ADA assistance at the beginning of each month. The ADA card is a payment card that allows you to receive financial assistance on a monthly basis. It can only be used for payments in France.
With this card you will be able to:
โ€ข receive payments;
โ€ข pay for purchases in stores.

However, you will not be able to:
โ€ข withdraw cash from it;
โ€ข pay for purchases in online stores.

Daily allowance consists of two components: a lump sum of 6.80โ‚ฌ per day for a single person, paid to every beneficiary, and an additional amount of 7.40โ‚ฌ called โ€œpรฉculeโ€. โ€œPรฉculeโ€ is reserved for asylum seekers who did not receive an accomodation due to the lack of places.

That is to say:
โ€ข If you accept the offer and the OFII grants you a house, you will receive 6,80 โ‚ฌ/day for a single person. For each other member of the family you will receive additional 3,40 โ‚ฌ/day.
โ€ข If your accept the offer but the OFII can not provide you housing, you will receive 14.20โ‚ฌ/day. (6.80 + 7.40)
โ€ข If you have a husband, a wife or children with you in France, you will receive extra 3,40โ‚ฌ/day per person + 7.40โ‚ฌ per day for your wife or husband if you are not hosted.

As soon as you get a job in France, you will no longer be eligible for ADA assistance.

More information at and .

Housing subsidies can be received during the entire period of residence. Usually, the money is transferred directly to the homeowner, and the tenant pays the difference himself.

The amount of assistance depends on several factors:

โ€ข the cost of rent

โ€ข area and type of housing

โ€ข the number and age of people living there

โ€ข marital status

โ€ข wages of the tenant

The CAF`s service will answer whether a person can count on financial assistance and in what amount. If so, you need to make an online request for assistance and create an account on the fund's website .

How do I set up a bank account?

If you have a temporary protection, you can visit any branch and ask to open an account.
Itโ€™s likely that staff wonโ€™t speak English, even at large banks in major cities, so it might be a good idea to take a translator with you or ask to take the documentation away to complete it so you have time to understand it. Branches are typically open around 9amโ€“5pm Monday to Friday and close over lunch hours (some are open half day on Saturday).

You will typically be asked to show proof of:
โ€ข Your identity (e.g., passport or ID)
โ€ข Your address (e.g., French utility bill, rental contract for your home in France, a letter from the landlord that hosts you (""attestation d'hebergement""), or an attestation given to you at temporary housing provided by the state)
โ€ข Your residence status (e.g., an attestation of temporary protection, or a French visa)

A helpful guide to open a bank account.

Also, mobile-only accounts such as those available through N26 , bunq and Revolut are available to non-residents too. Revolut has a simplified program for Ukrainians. To open up a mobile-only bank account, you usually need to provide a physical address, email address, and mobile number.

More information at , and here .

How do I withdraw cash or exchange my currencies?

You can withdraw cash at any bank and in ATMs in the city. Popular banks: BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole Group and Societe Generale. Withdrawal limits are determined by your bank.

To deposit cash on your French bank account you can go to your nearest office branch. In general, you can't deposit more than 990 euros per month. It is very difficult to exchange hryvnias to euros in France, as most of the banks will not accept them. You should do it before your arrival in France.

How do I pay taxes in a country?

If you work for a French company and stay in France you will have to pay taxes in France. If you reside in France, but work for an employer outside of France you can continue paying taxes in your country of tax residence for first 183 days. After that you will become a French tax resident and will have to pay taxes in France.

More information at and KPMG ย .

If I already work remotely, how should I pay my taxes?

You do not need to pay taxes in France for the first 183 days if your employer is not based in France. After that, you become a French tax resident and have to pay taxes in France.

Please, check more information at or KPMG and seek individual advice, as each situation varies.

How to avoid double taxation?

There is an ingenious, but not perfect, solution โ€” to prove to the tax authority of the state in which the citizen does not plan to pay taxes that he is a resident of another country where he fulfills this duty.

A natural person has such a right, as Ukraine has valid conventions and treaties on the avoidance of double taxation with 73 countries of the world. Among them are almost all European countries, as well as the USA and Canada. According to these conventions, Ukrainians who pay taxes in Ukraine have the right to avoid taxation in the country of residence.

If such a situation arises in which a citizen falls under the criteria of a tax resident of Ukraine and at the same time another state defines him as its resident, he has the right to contact the tax authorities of the country of residence and make a request to the Ukrainian tax authorities to confirm that he pays taxes.

That is, in order to prevent double taxation, it is necessary to determine the resident status of an individual and, if necessary, obtain a document that will confirm it. But this may require the help of specialists - tax consultants or lawyers. Specialists advise in advance to collect evidence of the presence of a center of economic interests in Ukraine (if you plan to pay taxes only in Ukraine).

Among them may be:

  • certificate of payment of taxes in Ukraine;
  • certificate of tax resident of Ukraine (soon to be available in electronic form);
  • actual place of registration in Ukraine;
  • evidence of the presence of an individual entrepreneur registered in Ukraine (registration documents and tax declarations);
  • certificates of current accounts in Ukrainian banks;
  • certificates about the child's attendance at educational institutions in Ukraine;
  • receipts for the payment of utility bills.

If a citizen of Ukraine is recognized as a resident of Ukraine, but paid taxes in another country, the taxes paid can be credited in Ukraine. But if a person does not meet the criteria of a resident of Ukraine, it allows to change the tax resident status and consider another country as the place of tax payment.

It is important to check the registration of a natural person as a subject of entrepreneurial activity in the Unified State Register. Even if the activity has not been carried out for a long time, but the registration has not been terminated, this is a criterion for recognizing a person as a resident of Ukraine, which is accompanied by the obligation to pay taxes on income received abroad in Ukraine.

Being a citizen of Ukraine, but a tax NON-resident, you will still have to pay taxes in Ukraine for some types of income:

  • when receiving inheritance and gifts from persons who are not relatives of the 1st and 2nd degrees of kinship;
  • when receiving an investment profit;
  • when selling/leasing immovable and movable property to a natural person.


How can I send money back to Ukraine?

You can transfer money from France to Ukraine via an international transfer or money transfer at a corresponding provider or a bank.

For an international transfer at the bank you have to fill out a special form and usually pay fees. Other special money transfer providers (e.g. Western Union, Moneygram, Wise, Revolut, Paypal) are often a cheaper and faster alternative.