The information on this page was collected from public resources.

Where can I go to find emergency/short-term housing?

If you have just arrived in France and do not know where to stay, we advise you to contact the reception center for Ukrainians in cities where such centers already operate: Paris, Nice, Strasbourg.

- Paris Event Center, 20, Avenue de la Porte de la Villette โ€“ 75019 Paris.
- Nice: Administrative and reception center for people fleeing the war in Ukraine - Salle Malatesta 64 Avenue Cyrille Besset 06100 Nice.
- Strasbourg: Place de la Bourse - 67 000 Strasbourg.

On some train stations you will find Red Cross temporary reception centers where you can apply for emergency housing for one or two nights and get a transfer from the train station. In Paris the Red Cross reception center is located at Gare de l'Est.

If you find yourself in any other French city, we advise you to contact the local prefecture or local government (city hall) as soon as possible to inform you that you need help, including housing.

You can also find short-term housing on the following platforms:

โ€ข ย 

Can I access public housing or housing provided by the state? How and where do I apply for public housing?

Each prefecture appoints a reference association whose mission is to put in contact the voluntary hosts and the displaced people. Read detailed information and FAQ at .

You are entitled to personal housing assistance (APL) to reduce the amount of rent. Apply online to the Family Assistance Fund (CAF) in one of the Services of France or in the association that accompanies you.

More information here .

Housing subsidies can be received during the entire period of residence. Usually, the money is transferred directly to the homeowner, and the tenant pays the difference himself.

The amount of assistance depends on several factors:

  • the cost of rent
  • area and type of housing
  • the number and age of people living there
  • marital status
  • wages of the tenant
How do I find long term housing?

After granting you a temporary protection, the immigration office (OFII) will provide you with housing in different regions of France depending on the availability.

You can also apply for social housing at discounted rate through SOLIHA , ALOTRA or other programs .

You can look for long-term accommodation using these platforms:

โ€ข is an aggregator of all the housing ads and has the most comprehensive information.

Otherwise, you can use individual platforms:

โ€ข ย 

Please be careful and avoid suspicious offers, when using these websites.

French families who provide free housing to Ukrainian refugees received compensation from the state.

Rent assistance in France APL: making it easier to rent a house .

EU4UA is a platform for finding housing in Europe together with other Ukrainians

A new roommate search function has been launched on the EU4UA platform.

Renting housing with other people will allow:

  • save money by sharing housing costs with other people;
  • have a greater choice of housing;
  • to find friends, expand the network of social contacts and feel supported in a new country.

Go to the platform via the link mceclip0.png.

If I am staying with friends and family in the long term, what documents do I need to fill out to make it official? How can I obtain proof of residency?

You need to provide a proof of your residence to your local prefecture in order to be properly registered.

โ€ข Attestation of your host dated and signed. (A template letter can be found here )
โ€ข Copy of identity card or residence card
โ€ข Proof of domicile on their name (deed of ownership or statement of housing tax or copy of the lease or invoice of electricity, gas, water, fixed telephone or Internet access)

More info at ย .

French families who provide free housing to Ukrainian refugees received compensation from the state.