The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What documents do I need to work in this country?

You need to register at the Migration Agency (Sw. Migrationsverket). After you have received your residence permit with temporary protection, you can register at the Public Employment Service (Sw. Arbetsfรถrmedlingen). To do this, you need to visit a service office (list available here). When you go there, you must bring (1) a valid proof of identity (e.g. passport), (2) the residence permit issued by the Migration Agency (Sw. Migrationsverket) and (3) if you have one: a coordination number ( Sw. samordningsnummer) issued by the Tax administration (Sw. Skatteverket). Re. 3: if you do not have a coordination number, you can apply for one at the service office.

When you find a job, you need to register for tax. To do this, you or your employer must send an application for registration for advance tax on the income of an employee (A-skatt) to the Tax Administration (Skatteverket).

Where can I search for a job?

To find a job, we recommend contacting the Swedish Employment Service (Arbetsfoฬˆrmedlingen).

Are there any services available to help me find a job?
Are there any diploma and professional equivalence programs? How and where do I apply?

You can apply with the Swedish Council for Higher Education for an evaluation and recognition of your qualifications. Applications are, on average, processed within 2 to 5 months.

Applications are submitted here. You do not need a Swedish personal identity number (Sw personnummer) to apply. You will need to provide:

1. Your degree certificate(s)/diploma in original language and translation if original in language other than English, French, Spanish, German or a Nordic language.

2. Official transcript (i.e. list of courses included in the degree:qualification with specific details, such as grades, etc.) in original language and translation if original in language other than English, French, Spanish, German or a Nordic language.

3. If you are waiting for the Swedish Migration Agency (Sw. Migrationsverket) to issue your residence permit: a copy of the email that your application has been received.

If you have post-secondary qualifications but cannot provide the degree certificates/diploma and / or official transcripts, there is a specific process that you can follow, presented here. This process includes completing the following form: Background Paper - Description of foreign qualifications.

Once you have completed and saved this form on your computer, you can create an online application form from this page and upload the form together with your identification document, any education document available and, if education documents are not available, documents that can help show you studied (e.g. photos, academic papers, membership cards from student organisations, etc).