The information on this page was collected from public resources.

What childcare options are available for children who are not yet school-aged?

Enrolling in kindergarten is done through the municipality in which you live in Sweden. Contact the respective municipality and they will help with arrangements.

How do I enroll my child(ren) into school?

Enrolling in school is done through the municipality in which you live in Sweden. Contact the respective municipality and they will help with arrangements. An example in Stockholm is Nacka and information regarding school can be found here mceclip0.png. The site is normally in Swedish but there is an option to translate it at the top of the page. You are required to provide information on your reason for being in Sweden, personal information such as name, date of birth, address, whether you are the sole custodian etc.

How can I enroll my child in a Ukrainian school in first grade if we are abroad?

Documents for admission to the school can be submitted online on the website "Electronic registration in institutions of general secondary education" at the link mceclip0.png. To do this, you need to register on the site, choose an institution of general secondary education, create an application and confirm it with documents in the institution

Electronic registration is not available in Kyiv, but it is possible to submit an application online to the school's e-mail address (at the applicant's choice). Enrollment will be carried out on the basis of the application of one of the parents, submitted in person or scanned copies or photocopies. Documents must confirm the place of residence of the child, one of his parents (or people who replace them) in the territory of the institution. If parents do not have the opportunity to obtain a medical certificate for their child by May 31, this is not a reason to refuse enrollment. Original documents and medical certificates must be submitted to the educational institution no later than August 18, 2023 inclusive. More details at the link mceclip0.png.

What happens if my kid gets sick?

Emergency medical care is provided to everyone, without exception, free of charge. To call an ambulance, you must call 1177.

Children are also entitled to medical and dental care under the same conditions as all other children in Sweden. Child support is usually provided free of charge. Medicines for children are provided free of charge with a doctor's prescription. It is also possible to get free access to assistive devices if the medical staff deems it necessary.

Can I continue my university studies at another university? What documents do I need?

There are no special programs for Ukrainian students. You can enter the university on a general basis without any privileges. To do this, you will need to pass the entrance exams.

You can use the list of universities that help Ukrainian students and scientists on the English-language educational search platform Erudera mceclip0.png. The platform contains 70 offers from universities around the world, including the USA, Australia and Canada. In addition to the country and the name of the university, the table indicates the type of aid and a link mceclip0.png to the university's website.

Science For Ukraine mceclip0.png is a public group of volunteer researchers and students from academic institutions in Europe and around the world who help Ukrainians. You can apply for help through the website, and you can view the entire list of institutions that agree to cooperate with Ukrainian scientists by following the link mceclip0.png.

Useful Telegram channel "Nonformal O" mceclip0.png - scholarships, grants, courses, volunteer projects in all countries for Ukrainians.

Useful Telegram channel "Opportunities" mceclip0.png, where the latest volunteer, educational, career projects in Ukraine and various countries are published. Link to backup channel mceclip0.png.

What languages do I need to speak to be able to study?

Education in all Swedish universities in the Swedish language. Some programs may be in English.

Where can I pass my related language exams (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS)?

You can find information about the TOEFL test here mceclip0.png and the IELTS test here mceclip0.png.